Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First pass animatic

Since my story has changed, this is my first animatic since my last one last semester.  I like where it's going, but of course, there are ALOT of things I would change.  The challenge I faced was asking another person to help me storyboard, and although it took some off my hands, I found it harder to be able to direct the film the way I wanted to in the short 2.5 weeks with specific camera angles I had in mind.

Things I would change in next animatic:

His facial expressions.  I didn't really draw his face in my storyboards, but there are some instances where he looks too happy or perplexed, and it doesn't look like he's blind, looks like he can see in front of him.

Actions- more hesitations, exploration, no looking directly at objects, like the trees at the end. It's all about feeling everything and finding his way with his stick.

More close ups? Definitely going to play with more camera angles/ compositions. I feel like some shorts could be more intimate?

Ready for revisions!


No comments:

Post a Comment