Friday, January 24, 2014

Some Color Keys for my Last Sequence

I'm currently in the midst of animating my last sequence and I realize that I didn't even plan out the space or set or anything.  So before animating, I decided to do some color keys and rough thumbnail sketches of potential designs for the plaza that the final scene will be taking place in.  It helped a lot and now I feel more confident in animating.

Here are some thumbnails of how I wanted Emile to find the guitarist- or hear him- when they are in close vicinity to each other.  I like the one with the arches on the left column , bottom two.

Planning out the scene when it is a wide shot of Emile walking through the piazza to the guitarist.  I like the top one where there is a sliver of light connecting the two.

Trying to figure out color!! Since these will be water color painted backgrounds, I tried to make it look drippy, with really rich saturated colors...

Planning out how to animate the guitarist and how to best portray him- he will also look really watercolory.  



just a quickie sketch of the scene when he goes up to the guitarist and the guitarist is about to hand him his guitar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment